Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Working with Alex Covo

has a very awesome eye for high fashion photography. I worked with him on October 6th and we came up with amazing images using model Justine Wick, represented by Mega Models Miami. The shoot was nothing I've ever seen before.
He worked with the lights off and created these awesome images with nothing but the model, a flashlight, and his camera. Alex went around the room pointing the flashlight directly on Justine and moving the light around the walls and any space around her. This photography technique was what he had mentioned to me called 'Light Painting'.



























Makeup and hair:
Justine has really thick hair, so for the first look we went for big hair with lots of volume. For her makeup I went with cat eyes, a light maroon lip, and radiant skin for a playful sex kitten look.

We had more time to play for the second look! I went in with a modern gothic twist. Her hair
pinned with bobbypins, pale skin, lots of glitter, and dark lips. No one inspires me more than my favorite makeup artist Pat Mcgrath.

These photos were taken by me on set. Alex Covo's finished work will be posted soon :)
It was amazing working with Alex and Justine. We had a great time shooting, and as artists we helped each other achieve the images we were looking for.